The Virginia Foundation for Agriculture, Innovation and Rural Sustainability is a 501(c)(3) foundation organized in Virginia. We are a
Cooperative Development Center offering technical assistance to individuals, agricultural
cooperatives, small businesses and other similar entities in rural areas to enable and assist cooperative and business development, with assistance and cooperation from our partners.
Meet our staff and board of
The Foundation for Agriculture, Innovation and Rural Sustainability will assist rural Virginians in developing and advancing their agricultural, economic and social interests to enhance their quality of life.
1. Transition from traditional production and marketing into more financially rewarding agricultural enterprises;
2. Develop value-added and high value agricultural product and enhanced market opportunities;
3. Address challenges facing farmer’s production and marketing resources;
4. Address issues affecting the sustainability of rural Virginia;
5. Establish a centralized resource for farmers to easily access cooperative development and value-added information; and,
6. Better utilize and coordinate the wide-ranging expertise available in Virginia and as such better facilitate and enhance current and future efforts and programs in these areas.
(804) 290 1158
P.O. Box 27552, Richmond, VA 23261